Hey guys, it’s day 2 of blogoween, and once again I am choosing to do my own Halloween inspired post today. If you want to know what the prompt for today was, the prompt title was: The Halloween Games- a Halloween-themed Hunger Games. Instead I am going to do a super fun and very Halloweeny book tag, I saw over at Howling Libraries, the original creator of the tag is Clever Fox so definitely go check out their posts as well.
The Host of today’s blogoween posts is Soph at Bookwyrming Thoughts
1. What goes bump in the night? Name a book that has legitimately scared you while reading it.
This would have to be “It” by Stephen King. There is no book more creepy in my opinion. I couldn’t even bring myself to watch the new movie. Anything involving creepy killer clowns you can count me out.
2. Jack O’ Lanterns and Classic Costumes: A book you always reach for during Halloween time.
Weirdly I would probably say heartwarming books, like The Selection. There is just something about the changing seasons and gloomier weather that makes me want to go to my bookish happy place
3. Black Cats and Magic Mirrors: A book you love that is laced with superstition and/or magic.
I would have to say The Raven Boys but Maggie Stiefvater. I adore that book (and the whole series really), and it is full of magic and witches and ghosts and all things superstitious.
4. Witch’s Brew: Favorite witch character in any book/series.
I am going to have to go with a classic for this one and say Hermione Granger. As a kid who was nerdy (still am lol) and loved school and reading, Hermione gave me a role model to look up to, and proved that you could be bookish and still badass!
5. Ghouls and Ghosts: A book that still haunts you to this day (good or bad).
I would say Allegiant (the third Divergent book) by Veronica Roth. I really liked the series in the beginning but after this book I can’t read the series any more. I was so disappointed with it, and found that the writing was not nearly as good as it should have been.
6. Haunted Graveyard: You’re all alone in a haunted graveyard, you get ONE book to give you comfort, which is it?
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, for sure. It is my favourite of the Harry Potter books, and nothing makes me feel safer than one of those stories. They are just so comforting and feel good.
7. The Undead: Favorite supernatural creatures to read about (i.e. vampires, zombies, werewolves, etc).
I am partial to fairies and related creatures. I like shapeshifters and stuff like that as well. Not really a big Vampire fan. I also love witches and sorcerers. Basically anything with magic.
8. In the dead of night: Pick a book with a black cover.
The Black Witch. I just finished this book (review to come soon). It was so good, and definitely one of the best high fantasy novels I have read in a long time.
Crystal Paper Royalty
Susy Susy’s Cozy World
Holly Nut Free Nerd
Jamie Becoming Bookish
Hannah Peanutbutter and Books
As usual if you have already done this tag no worries, and if you want to do it but I haven’t tagged you please feel free to join in! Remember to link back to this post if you do, so that I can see all your wonderful answers.