Happy Wednesday, or as I should probably start calling it, book tag day. Seriously I have been on a tag streak lately and I am kind of loving it. This one comes from the wonderful Heather at Nightly Reading. I loved the Greatest Showman, and when I saw this tag I got so excited. There is something about movie themed tags that I just love, maybe its that they combine my two favourite things (movies and reading)!
- Thank the person who tagged you and provide a link to their post!
- Maaaybe include a link to the creator’s post, which is this one right here.
- Include the logo somewhere in the post.
- Find a book/anime/movie/manga/K-Drama/TV show or anything else that fits the prompts below.
- Cliche rule here, but have fun!
- Tag 5 to 10 people (or more).
The Greatest Show | In Which The Intro Is Amazing
This is a difficult one… I am going to say Renegades by Marissa Meyer. That book had me hooked from the very first page and as anyone who has read a few of my posts can probably tell, my love affair with that book is ongoing and intense.
A Million Dreams | In Which Things Get A Little Too Dragged
I’m going to have to say Cassandre Claire’s Mortal Instruments universe. I just think there are way too many books in that series (can we even call it a series anymore? it’s more like 3 different ones at this point). I think there comes a point where it’s time to end things and that series definitely just kept barrelling forwards.
Come Alive | In Which There’s A Nice Plot Twist
I loved the plot twist in The Loneliest girl in the Universe. I won’t say anything about it because I don’t want to spoil anything, but trust me when I say it seriously changes your perspective of the story.
The Other Side | In Which A Villain Turns Into A Good Guy or Vice Versa
I’m going to go with a movie for this one and say Loki from the Marvel universe. I love him as a villain but he makes a great turn around and yo can tell underneath it all he is a good person.
Never Enough | In Which You Hate The Love Triangle
I hate love triangles as a general rule. Usually there is an obvious ‘right’ choice and it is just agonizing to watch the characters whine and struggle before inevitably coming to the choice you knew they would make all along. Maybe I’ll say Katniss-Peeta-Gale from the Hunger Games. I found that entirely unnecessary to the plot and would have been perfectly happy with her and Gale just being friends.
This Is Me | In Which Representation Is Amazing
I’m going to say A Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue. I love seeing the rise of LGBTQ+ characters in YA and this book is one of the cutest adventure-romance stories I had read in a long time.
Rewrite The Stars | In Which It’s ‘Us Against The World’ [Not Necessarily Romantic]
I would probably say the characters in The 5th Wave, by Rick Nancy. They are basically alone against the threat of an alien invasion with most of humanity having already been killed. I don’t know if that counts as ‘against the world’ since it is technically against outer space but I’m going to roll with it.
Tightrope | In Which The Love Triangle Took A Wrong Turn
Again, can I say most love triangles ever created? I rarely read a love triangle that I actually enjoy so most would qualify for me. If I had to choose I guess I would say
From Now On | In Which The Main Character Only Gets Their Stuff Together In The End
Most YA fantasy and adventure novels??? I don’t really know if there is any one that really stands out for me.
To sum up all of the prompts, here goes [just so y’all can copy and paste them more easily]:
- The Greatest Show | In Which The Intro Is Amazing
- A Million Dreams | In Which Things Get A Little Too Dragged
- Come Alive | In Which There’s A Nice Plot Twist
- The Other Side | In Which A Villain Turns Into A Good Guy or Vice Versa
- Never Enough | In Which You Hate The Love Triangle
- This Is Me | In Which Representation Is Amazing
- Rewrite The Stars | In Which It’s ‘Us Against The World’ [Not Necessarily Romantic]
- Tightrope | In Which The Love Triangle Took A Wrong Turn
- From Now On | In Which The Main Character Only Gets Their Stuff Together In The End
Anyone who wants to give this a go! Spread that Greatest Showman love!