Hey guys, I was so happy to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger award by the wonderful Lyn over at Nomadic Worlds, so please go check out her blog as well! Awards are so much fun because they give me a chance to share more about myself with all of you lovely bookish people, so here is goes…
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post/or on your blog.
The questions from Nomadic Worlds:
1. What’s your favorite thing about reading?
My favourite thing about reading would have to be how books transport me to different worlds. They are the perfect way of escaping from this world and all its issue for just a little while, though in some cases (*cough* Harry Potter) I wish I could stay in the bookish universe.
2. Are you an eclectic reader or do you stick to one genre?
I would say I am pretty loyal to my chosen genres. I usually only read fantasy, scifi or historical fiction. Though, I have occasionally read books outside my comfort zone with varying results. In the end I read books that appeal to me and it just so happens that most of them are in the same genre.
3. How do you motivate yourself to keep your blog up and running?
Blogging is something I really enjoy so not much motivation needed, it is my preferred de-stressing time and I actually really look forward to it.
4. Do you plan and schedule your posts or are you a pantser?
I didn’t in the beginning but I realized very quickly that my life is pretty busy and if I don’t plan ahead on posts I will never get them done!
5. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
Oh wow this is a hard one, I don’t know if I can choose just one! can I have a combo between the ability to transport myself anywhere in the world and the ability to communicate with animals?
6. What do you find most challenging about blogging?
I would say reading books fast enough to do reviews. I am currently on a semester abroad and can’t buy as many books as I would like (my suitcase is only so big). So finding books to review has been a bit of a struggle.
7. What are you most proud of about blogging?
I would say i am most proud of myself for sticking with it and really dedicating time to my blogging.
8. If you could travel back in time, would you do it?
100% yes. I am a History and Religious Studies double major, so to have to ability to go back and actually see the things I study would be a dream come true. of course I would like the ability to come right back because most of those times were pretty dicey on the safety side of things.
9. If you had to chose a title for your autobiography, what would it be?
This is a tough one! I really have no idea…. “The story of a book obsessed nerd”
10. Do you actively keep up with latest books or do you just read what looks good to you, no matter the year of release?
kind of a mixture of both, I keep up with the series I am ready as soon as new releases come out, but other than that I read whatever looks good.
11. What are you looking forward to most right now?
Right now I am most excited for the traveling I am going to do this month, as my classes have ended and I am going to take full advantage on being in Europe while I still can.
1. Chocolate or Coffee?
2. What is your favourite childhood book series?
3. What is your favourite part about blogging?
4. If you could live in one bookish world forever which would it be?
5. Which book character would you want as your crime-fighting side-kick?
6. What is your favourite kind of blog post to write?
7. Biggest bookish pet peeve?
8. Favourite book from a debut author?
9. Your favourite final book in a series?
10. If you could be one animals which would you be?
11. Other than your own, what country would you most like to live in?
(Please check out these amazing blogs, they are some of my favourites)
Ash and Lo Windowsill Books
Heather The Sassy Book Geek
Alexis and Eri Lacy Literacy
Lauren My Paper Infinity
Jenna Bookmark Your Thoughts
Danielle Life of a Literary Nerd
Jamie Becoming Bookish
Hannah Peanut Butter and Books
Isatta The Abominable Book Girl
Alyssa Book Huntress World
No pressure to do a post for this award, you all get it regardless!