Hey bookworms, I hope your Aprils are going well. Mine is very snowy and rainy and honestly it feels more like the middle of winter than the beginning of spring. I am hoping that soon I will see the sun again, though everyone I meet in Scotland tells me not to get my hopes up! I was tagged in this currently reading tag by the lovely Nomadic Worlds and I am excited to give it a go.
1. How many books do you usually read at once?
I usually read 2 books at once, one regular book and then one of my favourites for before bed. I like reading more than one book at a time because sometimes I find I need a little break from the heavier stories I read during the day, and my pre-bedtime books provide that nicely. I also read books for my university courses, but I don’t really count those.
2. If you’re reading more than one book at a time, how do you decide when to switch books?
As I said for the first question, I read my second book only ever before bed, and I keep it on my bedside table so there is no confusion. I have never switched books mid-reading, I think it would be hard to pull myself away from a good story.
3. Do you ever switch bookmarks while you’re partway through a book?
Only if I loose the first one. I have two bookmarks I use most often so they are usually taken by my currently reading books.
4. Where do you keep the book(s) you’re currently reading?
With me at all times lol. No, I’m actually not sure, I don’t think about it that much, probably on my desk.
5. What time of day do you spend the most time reading?
Usually after lunch when I have given up on being productive.
6. How long do you typically read in one sitting?
Hmmm, this is a tough one. It really depends on the book. If it is a good book (especially if it’s one I have been waiting for) I can sit for hours reading it. I think the longest I have read without stoping is probably 5 hours. But generally probably an hour and a half.
7. Do you read hardbacks with the dust jacket on or off?
Again, it really depends. It the dust jacket is really annoying me and is slipping all over the place then I take it off, but if it is behaving I usually leave it on. Also I often read on the go when I travel so there isn’t really anywhere to put the dust jacket.
8. What position do you mainly use to read?
Usually sitting on my bed or curled up on the couch with a steaming cup of tea, I can’t really read lying down, my arms tend to fall asleep.
9. Do you take the book you’re currently reading with you everywhere you go?
Usually yes! unless I am going to class because then my bag is full of textbooks.
10. How often do you update your Goodreads progress on the book you’re currently reading?
Only once I have finished it, I am way too forgetful to update it along the way.
Sophie @Beware of the Reader
Annalee @Buttons Book Review
Heather@The Sassy Book Geek
as always no pressure to do the tag if you don’t feel like it or have already done it. Also if I haven’t tagged you but you want to give it a go please do!